It’s 2018 and we are celebrating the International Year of the Reef – and would like you to join us!
International Year of the Reef is a worldwide campaign driven by the International Coral Reef Initiative to highlight the value and threats to coral reefs across the globe and inspire action to protect them.
As part of IYOR2018, the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority and the Australian network partnering on the initiative has a goal to:
The Marine Park Authority will co-chair the International Coral Reef Initiative with Monaco from July 2018-2020; which includes the International Year of the Reef activities.
- Request a digital media kit containing graphics, talking points and resources you can use to share the message and integrate IYOR 2018 into your programs.
- Visit Reef HQ Aquarium where a number of shows and information will be shared at the national education centre in Townsville, with activities for you to join.
- Stay connected for updates on events and activities as part of International Year of the Reef by signing up to our newsletter and following us on social media.
- Pledge what you will do from now on to benefit the environment and the Reef by telling your friends and colleagues and posting on social media.
- Share your climate change actions or projects with us by posting on social media with the hashtag #lovetheReef #iyor2018.
For more information visit: https://www.iyor2018.org/
To receive updates please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org